Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AMC Village 7

Yesterday, on our staycation, Jeff and I went to see a new movie produced by a friend of mine. TiMER premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday. Unfortunately for us (fortunately for them), tickets to the premiere sold out very fast and we did not act quickly enough. Anyway, I highly recommend this movie and I know it will get picked up and widely released, so keep an eye out for it.

But I digress. This blog is not about movies. It's about popcorn -- the wonderful movie-watching snack.

Before we arrived at the movie yesterday, Jeff reminded me that AMC is not known for its stellar popcorn. True, I agreed. And I was full from the dumplings we had just stuffed in our mouths (from Dumpling Man). But then I remembered this blog! So, I took one for the team and ordered a small popcorn. (You are the team. You got that, right? There is no team here writing this blog. It's just me.)

The popcorn's yellow hue was a bit more dayglo bright than popcorn should be. I turned down the buttery topping (as usual), although the popcorn was still on the greasy side. It was not too salty. In fact, near the bottom of the bag, it started to seem downright unsalty. I received very few unpopped kernels and no burned pieces.

Maybe it was because it was the afternoon and the popcorn had not had a chance to go stale or maybe the popcorn at AMC Village 7 is not as bad as Jeff claims. Could it be that they uppped the qualitly for the Tribeca Film Festival?? I doubt it.

Overall, I would definitely buy the popcorn from this theater again, despite the pricetag of $9.75 for a small bag and a small icee. The price of popcorn has never, ever stopped me from buying it.

AMC Village 7 is on 11th St. and 3rd Ave. The 7 refers to the number of screens, not the cross street, a fact which I always forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment